The Fourth International Integral Theory Conference will be held from July 16-19, 2015, at Sonoma State University in California. This is the worlds largest academic, professional, and artistic conference on Integral Theory. The conference is hosted by hosted by MetaIntegral Foundation in collaboration with The HUB: An Integral Center for Diversity, Vitality & Creativity.
The list of presenters are impressive and in cCHANGE we are really honored that Karen O´Brien will be delivering a Keynote presentation at the first day of the conference under the title: Integral in Action: Climate Change and Transformations to Sustainability.
The focus of ITC 2015 is reflection on achievements from applying integral perspectives across may disciplines over the last 20 years. The Mission of the Integral Theory Conference is:
- To be the world’s premier conference dedicated to Integral Theory and its application in both academic and professional contexts.
- To facilitate the theoretical development of Integral Theory by drawing on the most sophisticated integrative meta-theories and transdisciplinary scholarship currently available.
- To provide a forum in which metadisciplinary and transdisciplinary scholars and practitioners can present research findings and best practices in an atmosphere of engaged, critical discourse with others of similar qualifications and interests.
- To encourage robust production of professional and academic literature, provide networking opportunities, and enable collaborative project-creation among integral scholars and professionals.
- To bring the quality of scholarship in metadisciplinary and transdisciplinary studies to a level fully on par with the standards of excellence expected by the mainstream academy, while simultaneously generating increased openness to multiperspectival approaches to the study of human society and its environment.
- To foster a non-parochial, global academic community that is open to multiple frameworks and methodologies that would seek to engage issues of complexity and epistemological integration.
- To offer students of Integral Theory, graduate students, and practitioners access to the world’s leaders in the field.
- To explore the historical antecedents and cultural influences that have contributed to the creation of Integral Theory; these currently suggest that Integral Theory is the most recent expression of a mode of integrative thought and praxis that extends back to at least the mid-eighteenth century.
Visit the International Integral Theory Conference 2015 website.
Back to News.